Ray Sidney's Really Brief History
Where did I go to school?
- I grew up (mostly) in Storrs, Connecticut. I graduated
from the local high school (E.O.Smith)
in 1987. My junior year was split between Brookfield High
School in Ottawa, Canada and Kaiser High School in Honolulu,
- I spent my freshman year of college at Caltech...
- ...and then transferred to Harvard,
from which I graduated in 1991 with a Bachelors degree in
- Immediately after my undergraduate education, I went to MIT for graduate school, and
obtained a PhD in Mathematics in 1995. My graduate work
was actually theoretical computer science-- cryptography, to be
more specific. My thesis advisor was the very excellent Silvio
- A long long long time after I got my PhD, in 2013, I entered
the inaugural cohort (class of 2014) of the UC Berkeley MBA
for Executives Program. So now I have an MBA.
Where have I worked?
Since finishing school, I've worked at the following places:
What do I do now for work?
*D.E. Shaw likes
to be known officially as "D.E. Shaw & Co., L.P."
They're really anal about it, in fact. But I don't feel like
calling them that.
Back to Ray's really lame homepage